Does anyone have any experience doing Rink Boards?

Muddy

I'm sponsoring a local hockey team and need to do signage for the boards. I run a Mimaki 52" eco solvent and I'm wondering about a substrate and whether I need a special bulletproof over-laminate.

Any experience you have had would be most helpful

3M actually makes an overlaminate specifically for this however very expensive. I would just use a calendared self adhesive vinyl with luster overlaminate, then mount the print to a 1-3mm sintra. Being mounted to the sintra allows the sign to be screwed into the dasher board.

Hope this helps

Josh
Design To Print – What Do You Want To Print Today?

I don't think that mounting this to sintra is a very good idea. That will change the "texture" of the boards and could influence the liveliness and the way the puck bounces. One large, low-medium tack decal is what most rinks use. I'm looking to see if anyone knows specific substrates

Try calling an Oracal dealer, prior to that we used the more expensive 3m 3555 with a cheap luster lam. In any case you need a removable or repositionable class adhesive vinyl and a 5mil lam. Careful not to mix a calendared and cast lam/print media combination. Use cast lam with cast media, and calendared lam with calendared media.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back