Dog ear corner on second fold of 16 page sig.

Arazu

The first unit folds and perfs, the second folds on the pref and scores, the third does the final fold on the score.

The problem is that when the paper is folded on the perf for the second fold the rollers aren't grabbing it right. The corner of the sheet that was folded in the first unit tucks in and dog ears. The other corner folds fine.

It folds fine most of the time but the loss is 1:20 at best. Examination of the lost sheet indicates the perf and fold are in exactly the same place as the successful sheets.

The sheet is 60# Pacesetter Gloss book and there is pretty heavy coverage on both sides of that corner. The sheet is also acting "sticky" and feels almost wet although it's not. It doesn't feel like static but tomorrow I'll try some tinsel and spray.

I've tried everything I can think of. Setting the roller gaps loose, properly and tight. Adjusting where the sheet enters the rollers. Changing speeds. Going from a 0.125" perf to 0.25". I've adjusted the length of the fold so I'm pressing the edge of the perf one way or the other. I've adjusted the angle of entry into the rollers. I've adjusted the angle of the gate.

The perf is straight with no curve on the end. I can't see any reason it would be tucking in like this. We fold with this setup all the time.

I welcome any suggestions you all may have. Thanks.

On a 16pp sheet and your infeed corner is showing page 6, what page and which corner is getting the dog ear?

Do you have 4 gates in your last unit? Often I have this trouble and find that bypassing the 1st gate and using the 3rd helps. Not sure why but but works for us.

You can try to lower the "lip" of the gate. If it's an older folder you'll have two adjusters at the top of the gate. Turn them counter-clockwise. Make sure they are square and even across. If it gets worse, raise it. If that fails, change the perf to one with less teeth.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back