Dolev 800v Calibration

dtermeer

I have a Dolev 800v that we recently moved to a new location. Shortly after the move, the stepper motor quit operating and I put in a used motor. Initially it had some scan line dropouts but eventually seemed to settle in and image solid. But the images are now bowed--they dip down in the middle and the image is not square to the cut of the film. If I print a grid and fold it in half the lines are off by 1/32. I thought the replacement stepper motor might be out of spec so I bought a new motor exactly like the original. The issue improved but did not go away. I find it hard to believe that the problem is related to the stepper motor but I am out of ideas. I did mess with some diagnostics while resetting the home position during the process, so don't rule out the I accidentally reset something. I have checked the NVM table and they appear to be set to factory settings (not default settings).

Any ideas.

If you mean the stepper motor that drives the carriage it has nothing to do with the your problem. It looks like that the spinner needs calibrating, which is a technicians job.

I have a Dolev 800v that we recently moved to a new location. Shortly after the move, the stepper motor quit operating and I put in a used motor. Initially it had some scan line dropouts but eventually seemed to settle in and image solid. But the images are now bowed--they dip down in the middle and the image is not square to the cut of the film. If I print a grid and fold it in half the lines are off by 1/32. I thought the replacement stepper motor might be out of spec so I bought a new motor exactly like the original. The issue improved but did not go away. I find it hard to believe that the problem is related to the stepper motor but I am out of ideas. I did mess with some diagnostics while resetting the home position during the process, so don't rule out the I accidentally reset something. I have checked the NVM table and they appear to be set to factory settings (not default settings).

Any ideas.

Pach--

We had a tech in who said that our machine could not be calibrated--that our optic is bad. He did not touch the spinner but tried to adjust the Focus Lens Assembly which he could not get into any kind of spec. He's saying the Focus Lens Assembly needs replaced. I'm skeptical because we have a strong beam, in focus and in the right place on the drum, just out of kilter--I'm thinking if the Focus Lens Assembly were shooting a crooked or damaged beam we would see other malfunctions.

Your thoughts?

First of all was the guy an ex Scitex engineer that used to work on Dolevs? It is a long time ago since I worked on one but I do not remember any problems with the optics i.e. replacing Focus lens assy

Pach--

We had a tech in who said that our machine could not be calibrated--that our optic is bad. He did not touch the spinner but tried to adjust the Focus Lens Assembly which he could not get into any kind of spec. He's saying the Focus Lens Assembly needs replaced. I'm skeptical because we have a strong beam, in focus and in the right place on the drum, just out of kilter--I'm thinking if the Focus Lens Assembly were shooting a crooked or damaged beam we would see other malfunctions.

Your thoughts?

I was a former Scitex tech. I think we uncovered the problem. We found one of the mounts that the carriage rides is badly bent. We are looking for replacement.

Bracket.jpg20120918_080614.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back