Doubt with RAM on a New FFEI workflow installation

Rod

Hi everybody

I Hope some help about next doubt whit this problem.

PROBLEM:
The server where work my FFEI workflow is having troubles like BSOD and some RAM troubles.

DOUBT:
Anyway my doubt is, for a new installation FFEI workflow.
What system requirements need ?

Because some people told me the amount of RAM need to be 512 mb. If it is higher than 512 mb don´t communicates with CTP.

It is true ?
Please could some one tell me if the RAM amount affect the Workflow comunication whit CTP ?

Actual server:
Windows Svr std 2003 R2 s.p 1
Intel Xenon 2.80 Ghz, 2.79Ghz
520 MB of RAM

FFEI workflow (same Fuji celebrant)
FFEI 8pages (same Fuji Luxel)

Thanks in advance

520MB is barely higher than 512MB. I would say you need more RAM, at least 1GB (1000MB).

I know 520mb is higher than 512mb, but like I said before, some one told me If installed a higher RAM not communicates with Alinte8 CTP.

Is this true ? or I don´t need worry for amount of RAM in me new Server ?

Thanks

Hi Rod,
I have been using Celebrant before with Luxels.
I don't remember such memory limit.
We had 4 gigs with WinServer2003 and it was running and communicating with CTP.
Anyway Celebrant could be set up as Master and Slave configuration, so you can have slave PC with 512MB which communicates with CTP, but all other task is done by master PC.

regards
bebris

Thank you.

I will try with a new server with 4gb RAM. When have a response they let you know

Regards

Thanks for you cooperation.

I solved my doubts, I just buy a HP Server with 4bg RAM and Xeon processor. I installed a Windows XP sp3, all the drivers (LSI Logic) with CTP comunications works good.
I have a new server work good.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back