Duplo 645 vs 646 experiences

wcdigital

Does anyone have any experiences with these two models. I know there is a lot of information on the 646 being more recent and in a lot of shops, but I would like to know how much I would lose by going to the 645. 645s for sale in the area seem to be 10-20k cheaper depending on the condition. How much more difficult is the user experience as far as template/Fiery/Duplo programs go.

While we're on the subject, I see 2 Duplo 745s up on Wirebids right now so if anyone has experience with that model and wants to chime in. I only have experience with the MBM Aerocuts right now so I'm not fully up to speed on the variations of the duplo models.

Anything special between these models besides that they're "newer" skews of the same functionality?

I only have experience on 646, but the difference between it and the 645 seems largely apparent in specs (number of cuts, slits, etc per sheet) and I do not believe the feeding is as good.

Of course a 645 will be older and will have more wear on the knife / slitters as well.

I don’t use any templates and don’t have the Fiery impose to make setups, i make all of our programs on a computer running the duplo software. I can’t imagine programming it from the control panel. I am a big fan of the machine, it is easy enough to setup if you are good with a ruler and if your printer has good registration. If you have any registration or static issues it can be a headache. Ours has the side air blower which I believe was a later 646 retrofit, may make your life difficult by not having this if you have any kind of static or thinner stock.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back