Duplo 646 JDF workflow

SoggyWinter

I'm looking to add a Duplo 646 to knock down jobs from my Xerox Versant 3100 / EX-P RIP. Does anyone use a Duplo 646 or 746 with automatic job configuration via JDF and barcodes from a Fiery RIP? Is your team happy with that workflow with regards to saving time and use friendliness? Any caveats or gotchas? Thanks.

I have a 746. There is no JDF connection between Fiery and Duplo. It's something I've asked both Duplo and Fiery about several times. You define a layout in impose you would think it can carry over but it can't. You will be setting up every job in the Duplo job maker software. You can print a registration mark or barcode in impose. The registration mark is useful. I haven't found the barcode very useful. You really need to be doing something where you are mixing pieces in the same stack but generally you are making some minor tweaks each time you run something anyway so you really don't want it to just read a barcode and go. Plus you can only store 80 jobs for barcode use. In general, the machine works well. It just don't have the level of integration that you and I know should be possible.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back