Duplo DBM120 staple problems

BigSi

Hi there.
Oldish Duplo DBM120 booklet maker.
Is it just me? or does anyone else out there have problems installing new staple rolls. I get there eventually (after wasting heaps of staples pulling them through )
My staple heads are well used. worth purchasing new heads?. (I see them on eBay). Maybe there is some special tech neck? I can upload a clip showing everything I'm doing wrong if someone out there would think it helps.
Thanks for your advice. Simon

If (and that's a big IF these days :)) I remember correctly, my issue with the DBM-120 staple heads was that the striker wouldn't pull completely up and advance the next staple properly. This was due to the mounting knob/screw being stripped or worn just enough to not allow the full intended travel. Replacing the screw usually solved the problem.

That being said, my DBM-120 is long gone, but I found my parts bin after seeing your post. It's got the screws I mentioned, plus a bunch of other new parts (belts, display panel). I'd be happy to send them your way if you'd want to cover the shipping.

One the staple head at the front their is a shaft. the plastic around that shaft rounds out. Putting tape around the shaft helps temporarily. I ran the DBM around 2009-2013, they may have changed the design since then.

From my view I think the glue strip in the middle is too wide and the tiny advancement fingers slide on the glue rather than dig into the staple groove. Duplo had this issue years ago it was fixed like night and day now its back. Yes the 120 is discontinued so getting parts might be a pain.
So is it not advancing or driving?? Might be the lifters are bent down and wont lift little horizontal pin to advance to next cycle. OR check drive chain sproket for broken screw. They are like $300 now.

If (and that's a big IF these days :)) I remember correctly, my issue with the DBM-120 staple heads was that the striker wouldn't pull completely up and advance the next staple properly. This was due to the mounting knob/screw being stripped or worn just enough to not allow the full intended travel. Replacing the screw usually solved the problem.

That being said, my DBM-120 is long gone, but I found my parts bin after seeing your post. It's got the screws I mentioned, plus a bunch of other new parts (belts, display panel). I'd be happy to send them your way if you'd want to cover the shipping.
Shot in the dark here but did anyone take you up on these parts?

You are most welcome! I try to give a chance at being useful to whatever I can, before condemning it to the landfill. I never thought Craigslist Free would be so useful in finding a second home for things like light bulbs, used interior doors, landscaping pebbles and concrete blocks. Not to mention the time and effort saved in getting rid of these things on my own.

Good luck with the bookletmaker!

It's working better, we have one side staple head that wants to skip and mangle a staple a little too often. Things were worse, adjustments helped.
I will say as good as this one has worked I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one if I could afford it. This thing and our Mimaki JFX200 have been real troupers up until this last couple weeks. A printshop owners work is NEVER DONE.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back