Easiest way to add a border?

prepress cindy

I've tried just drawing one with Create New Rectangle but its not very user friendly and hard to see when the file is already to size. Could I create an action without giving a specific page size? We deal with too many sizes for that to work.
thanks!

I've tried just drawing one with Create New Rectangle but its not very user friendly and hard to see when the file is already to size. Could I create an action without giving a specific page size? We deal with too many sizes for that to work.
thanks!

i guess you've already tried doing all of this in indesign; make a new document, throw your artwork on it and then make your border then save.

Cindy I didn't get a reply so for continuity here's an action attached that adds a border to the trimbox, you can modify it to meet your exact requirements.

Attachments

• Create rectangle that equals trim box.eal.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 209
Hi Brent, which version of PitStop do you have, this should work with most versions?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back