Ecomaxx-T

wilson

Hello everyone,

just signed up today, this web site is very informational. I have been a pressman for 22yrs. I worked at other places with ctp .
I have been trying to get my boss to go to ctp for ten yrs, with no luck until yesterday. She wants to go to ecomaxx-t processeless plates. The salesman is very confident we will like this. My question to you out there is what can i expect from these plates? Good,bad,or ugly?\
i have my doubts about this but its a start.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thankyou
MIKE

Mike:

Perhaps (very) self-serving, but I'd suggest
getting sample chem-free or processless
plates from at least the big three (Kodak,
Agfa, Fuji), and run them on press first.

Agfa's would be Azura TS
Kodak's would be Thermal Direct
and Fuji's would be Ecomaxx T or Pro-T

Nearly 80% of the chem-free or
processless plates in use from the Big 3
are Agfa plates.

Regards,

Hi Mike,

Don't be afraid of the processless plates, you should be more afraid of breathing blanket wash, but that is an entirely different story.

We are a family business and my brother (pressman) was very skeptical about processless plates when we switched back in 2005. His mind was changed.

Steve makes a great suggestion, get plates from the big 3, or whomever you deal with, and run some tests. It's just like buying a car, need to test drive a few to see which one fits you.

Personally, we have been running the Azura and Now the Azura TS for the past 4 1/2 years and are extremely happy.

Best

-Santa

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back