Edit InDesign Templates Online

nicktheitguy

I need a Software solution that will allow a customer to edit an InDesign Template online. I can edit PDF docs though PDF toolkits, but I have a customer who wants to make large formating changes every time which rules out PDF Form Fields. Anyone have any ideas?

There is software out there that can do this, but I believe you're looking in the $50,000 plus range from what I've seen so far. If anyone knows of a cheaper way, please let me know as well.

I'm talking about XMPIE, which uses Adobe's InDesign Server technology to allow people to customize jobs in a web based format. Very cool software, but also very expensive.

Does the client in question have InDesign? If they do, why not a file sharing site like 4shared.com or dropbox.com?

There is a solution

There is a solution

i was at IPN convention in Israel 2 weeks ago and one of the new solutions they presented was an online editor for InDesign templates, it looked AMAZING, i spoke to the CEO, a very nice guy called Refael, e-mail him, i believe he will be happy to show you the solution or point you to the right person [email protected], good luck, tell him ron from Chicago that he met at IPN sent you so he will be confident to give you the info.

Cheers.

Hi, you might want to check out one2edit from 1io.

They have an workflow solution which allows to edit native InDesign documents online in a browser, also for translation and proofreading. I've seen it on a trade show in London and it looks great, haven't seen anything comparable yet. They also offer subscription based models.

I need a Software solution that will allow a customer to edit an InDesign Template online. I can edit PDF docs though PDF toolkits, but I have a customer who wants to make large formating changes every time which rules out PDF Form Fields. Anyone have any ideas?

Hire yourself some good designers, and sell your client on how having custom solutions done by trained professionals with the full power of InDesign behind them is far better than any micro-tool set available via a web interface. Other than that I recommend coding directly to InDesign Server.

Get a Demo

Get a Demo

I work for 1io, the company that develops one2edit, an ID Server based online editing and review solution for InDesign documents.

You can post InDesign documents online, control what content is editable, and also control how a user can modify it.

It's also available as a SaaS solution.

Check it out at one2edit from 1io | Manage, edit and translate your InDesign documents online | The easy and efficient web-to-print workflow.

One2edit looks great

One2edit looks great

I have looked at the one2edit website, and it looks as if it is the kind of application I am after, you said that it was available as a SaaS, I would like to know what the costs involved are, and whether this could be used in a web application where clients could login and add artwork and send the template for approval. Regards,

Martin

CHILI Publish offers indeed a perfect solution for what you are asking:
1. create a template in Indesign
2. let the end user edit this document online within boundaries.
Big advantage of CHILI Publish according to me is that they are not relying on Indesign server, they have developped their own engine. No queueing, no lag when editing... This results in a very nice user experience.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back