EFI RIP difference between calibration and certification

lchandra

Hi,

We have both EFI Colorproof XF 4.0 and EFI Colorproof XF 3.1.8 in our facility. We use X-rite ISIS for our calibration and X-rite EyeOne for ISO certification.
The problem that I'm having is that the IT8 target will show that the number are passing as far as average and max.
However when I use a color bar for verification using the GRACOLcoated1v2.icc profile available in the reference of the software, the Magenta dH are way too high beyond 2.5 standard.

Please advise if I'm doing something wrong

Thanks you

- Levy

Hi,

We have both EFI Colorproof XF 4.0 and EFI Colorproof XF 3.1.8 in our facility. We use X-rite ISIS for our calibration and X-rite EyeOne for ISO certification.
The problem that I'm having is that the IT8 target will show that the number are passing as far as average and max.
However when I use a color bar for verification using the GRACOLcoated1v2.icc profile available in the reference of the software, the Magenta dH are way too high beyond 2.5 standard.

Thanks you

- Levy

Could be instrumentation. If you can measure the some patches of the IT8 target with your i1 and compare them to the values from your Isis, this might tell you the story. Ensure that your using the same illumination and observer angle settings between instruments, as well as "filtration". If the Isis is set to uv-excluded measurement, and your i1 has no uv cut filter, there could easily be significant differences. Even with all settings the same, the instruments could easily disagree enough to fail tight tolerances. On the whole Inter-instrument agreement makes verification with an instrument other than the one that initially used a bit problematic.

EFI RIP difference between calibration and certification

Levy,

This is a common phenomenon. EFI's optimization uses only average and maximum deltaE, whereas Color Verifier by default includes deltaH as well. As I explained in another post, I have concerns about dH when applied to inkjet proofs on solids and prefer dE for this. As there are as yet no official tolerances for individual proofs in N. America, you may deactivate dH if you find it helpful in "passing" an otherwise excellent proof.

Mike Strickler

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back