Election Printing Errors in the news

Me smells a proofing faux pas........

I'm assuming they ran this digital, with variable polling locations associated with the recipient's address. One of the painstaking tasks with this type of run is to assemble a test file to make sure everything on the main run will work properly.

Last edited:
We had a similar printing error in my home county. Each voter has their party affiliation printed on the card. The entire county printed as "D", regardless of whether you were a "D", "R", or "I". You can imagine how that went over!

Last edited:
Of course it’s the printer’s fault, somehow it always is and it’s easy to blame the last guy in line.

For decades I had printers errors & omission insurance and never used it. With skyrocketing insurance rates, I finally had to drop the coverage this past year. I take extra care when it comes to larger mailings because the last thing I want to do is have to pay for postage to remail a job.

We had a similar printing error in my home county. Each voter has their party affiliation printed on the card. The entire county printed as "D", regardless of whether you were a "D", "R", or "I". You can imagine how that went over!
I've seen this happen several times over the years.

In an effort to speed things up, and, get a signed-off proof from the client, someone just hard-lined the "D" in the document instead of setting it up as a variable with the full intention of going back later, after the proof approval to switch it out, only, that didn't happen.

Of course, I've also seen instances where it came from the client that way, with no indication that it was supposed to be set up as a substitution variable.

We can pretty much perform miracles, but, you have to be able to communicate to us what, exactly, it is you are trying to accomplish.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back