End of FontExplorer X

Tech

I applaud Linotype for putting out an excellent "free" product but considering the market for font software really is not growing and if anything, it's shrinking...

Times are tough, when in doubt start charging people for things that you gave away for free. $40 for the "new" Pro version with basically added server functionality. I wonder how long it'll take before the current free version will be broken by OS/Adobe updates.

I saw that this am as well,
Its what I switched all our Mac over to. I see that there are no CS4 plugs ins for the free version.

I think they are pushing the server option. Never having to ask for missing fonts again would be heaven for most prepress monkey's. $39 is cheap IMO, for what FEX does, compared to other font managers out there.

the fee is really low and the program is well worth $40. It is a pitty there is no windows version, as we run both platforms due to Corel Draw etc. Seen such solution based on java but it sells for around $4000, which is way over our budgets (for a font manager).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back