Enfocus Pitstop Changing a gradient to solid fill

jonasukulore

I'm unable to change a vector object (a background) from a gradient to a solid color.
The buttons 'None' and 'Fill' are greyed out. Could anyone please help me?
Schermafbeelding 2022-03-30 om 11.37.26.jpg

Probably because it's an NChannel. Under the 'Acties" dropdown you can change it to another color space.
Then you would be able to adjust the fill (I guess).

Last edited:
You should be able to click the swatch tags under the gradient itself and edit the colors to turn it into a solid. I'm not sure if that's the most 'correct' solution, but it should work. You can select a tage and use the action dropdown menu to change the colorspace, or to a spot color etc if needed. This is also a manual process, I have yet to figure a way to incorporate editing gradients in an action list. See pics attached.

I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 1.56.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 1.56.13 PM.png

Thanks, Darren! That indeed does work, but I was looking for a way to really change a gradient to a solid fill.

@abc: thanks for your reply. After changing Channel to CMYK the buttons stay greyed out.
Schermafbeelding 2022-04-01 om 08.47.14.jpg

Bit weird. I'll PM you with my email. Would like to take a look at the file if possible?

The file I'm working with isn't NChannel but it is a shading object, so I can't be sure if this will work in your case, but if you select the item and then go to the Pitstop -> Object menu, will 'release mask' be available as an option? If so, do that and it will give you two items, the frame, which will be the dimensions of the box and a big shading object that will fill the screen. Delete the big shading object and then you can manipulate the box like a normal vector object with fill/stroke etc..

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.27.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.28.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.28.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.28.49 AM.png

The file I'm working with isn't NChannel but it is a shading object, so I can't be sure if this will work in your case, but if you select the item and then go to the Pitstop -> Object menu, will 'release mask' be available as an option? If so, do that and it will give you two items, the frame, which will be the dimensions of the box and a big shading object that will fill the screen. Delete the big shading object and then you can manipulate the box like a normal vector object with fill/stroke etc..

View attachment 291303View attachment 291304View attachment 291305View attachment 291306
This worked, thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back