Envelope Printer Experiences

I am in So Cal, so that could be part of the issue. It has been raining here for the last week, I'll ask my staff if they saw an improvement during this period of higher humidity. Will also check out the capping station. Thanks for your input.

We just got a quote from Printware for $68k for the 1175 - in case anyone is wondering. We are trying to decide on envelope presses at the moment as well but was hoping to spend under $50k because we have some other equipment needs as well. Our Konicas with envelope fusers run pretty well but they're awful with A sizes, anything small, etc. I got some samples off the 1175 and I wasn't blown away by the quality but I think its decent for an ink jet printer and anything that requires really vivid color can run on our Konicas if we need to. For anyone who has an 1175, are you able to print directly from a mail software like Accuzip or Bulkmailer? Where are you purchasing your consumables?

We just got a quote from Printware for $68k for the 1175 - in case anyone is wondering. We are trying to decide on envelope presses at the moment as well but was hoping to spend under $50k because we have some other equipment needs as well. Our Konicas with envelope fusers run pretty well but they're awful with A sizes, anything small, etc. I got some samples off the 1175 and I wasn't blown away by the quality but I think its decent for an ink jet printer and anything that requires really vivid color can run on our Konicas if we need to. For anyone who has an 1175, are you able to print directly from a mail software like Accuzip or Bulkmailer? Where are you purchasing your consumables?
With almost 1 million prints you won't be disappointed by the 1175P. Is it laser quality, no, have I had any complaints from customers, not a single one. It is extremely productive and cost effective.

With almost 1 million prints you won't be disappointed by the 1175P. Is it laser quality, no, have I had any complaints from customers, not a single one. It is extremely productive and cost effective.
I am deciding on upgrading to 1175P from Memjets. Print head clogging and landscape feeding is our main gripes. So if those issues are resolved on the 1175P, we just may pull the trigger. Do you have any experience using the memjets before purchasing the 1175P? If so, did you have issues trying to match previous run jobs as far as color? Also, they say 10M an hour, what is your experience with real world speeds?

Last edited:
I am deciding on upgrading to 1175P from Memjets. Print head clogging and landscape feeding is our main gripes. So if those issues are resolved on the 1175P, we just may pull the trigger. Do you have any experience using the memjets before purchasing the 1175P? If so, did you have issues trying to match previous run jobs as far as color? Also, they say 10M an hour, what is your experience with real world speeds?
No, I stayed away from Memjets because of that and water based inks. Real world is about 8600 to 9000 if you run them landscape. Color matching has not really been an issue. We have the designers use Pantone Coated colors when possible especially for corporate brands. The ability to tweak colors is easy, of course there are some colors you'll never match, but that's with any CMYK printer.

No, I stayed away from Memjets because of that and water based inks. Real world is about 8600 to 9000 if you run them landscape. Color matching has not really been an issue. We have the designers use Pantone Coated colors when possible especially for corporate brands. The ability to tweak colors is easy, of course there are some colors you'll never match, but that's with any CMYK printer.
Thanks Craig for your replies. Looks like we are going to make the purchase but had one more question for you. They want to sell us a service plan for $2500 a year. Did you purchase the plan? Is it necessary? Any other thought on this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back