EPS files and Quark 7

ripit

I have a basic rip trap WF that creates a low res EPS file (link) and a high res CT/LW file. When i bring the eps file into quark 6 it reads all the spot colors correctly (they show up in the color palette) and I can print back to Nexus to image a proof. Same process in Quark 7 produces different results, the spot color names do not show in the color palette and also are not sent to the proofer to produce a good proof. Anyone run into this problem? Any suggestions?
thanks in advance

QX7 was the final straw for me. Rather than using the color name from the EPS, it'll use a similar name from it's color libraries. InDesign doesn't. PANTONE 485 CVC gets changed in QX7. Editing the color name in QX will work while the file is open, but close and re-open and QX7 "corrects" the color name again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back