Epson 10600 - WRONG CARTRIDGE Error Message

Justin M

I was troubleshooting an Epson 10600 and inadvertently damaged the driver board. I just replaced the driver board making very sure to replace all the connectors in the same spots.

After replacing the board, I get an error on the LCD that says "WRONG CARTRIDGE"

I can still boot into maintenance mode but I can seem to get rid of that error. How do I resolve this?

Thanks

Justin

Hi,

Before changing the driver board, did you saved the internal datas of the previous board (NVRAM Backup) to write it on the new one ? If not, you just mounted a blank board, probably loaded with and old firmware and no trace of your previous parameters. This can explain your current problem.

You'll need to find the Adjustment Wizard for your model in order to do that.

Good luck ! Ducasse.

Yep def did not do that. It wasn't a blank board since it was pulled from another working 10600. Turns out I just had to go into the maintenance mode and change the setting from dye to pigment inks.

Now, however, my issues are different.
1) Magenta still will not print all lines in nozzle print check test (always the bottom half)
2) In the nozzle print check test, the cyan actually prints reverse, ie where the cyan lines should be are white and theres a big cyan bar over the whole test

At this point, I have replaced the printhead and had the same results. The driver board has been switched. I'm going to replace the dampers to see if that does anything. If not that, maybe the cleaning station. Maybe the ink caps are just old and dirty?

Any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Justin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back