Epson P9000 not recognizing ink cartridges

MIKERANK

We have 2 P9000 printers that are about 4 years old. We are starting to get a message that the printer is not recognizing the ink cartridge when replacing the old with a new cartridge. Sometimes reseating the cartridge helps. Other times I have to use another new cartridge. Other times when replacing one new cartridge, the printer will not recognize any cartridges. I usually resolve this by powering down and restarting. Is anyone else experiencing this or having these issues with their Epson P9000. We are using GMG as our RIP. Thanks

I also have two P9000 printers that are about the same age as yours and so far, (knock on wood), I have not experienced this. Unless you've already tried it, I wonder if disconnecting the power cable for about 10 minutes would help. If not, my best guess is that you probably need a service call.

Also, there is a firmware update to make the P9000 use the forthcoming non-chipped ink carts.
Should also fix chips not recognized by the printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back