Epson 9880 magenta cartridge not being recognized

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any input on this issue. I currently have an Epson 9880 that is not recognizing the magenta cartridge, this happened after a manual cleaning/flushing of the printhead station for a job to remove banding. Job printed great, no banding but next day printer would not recognize either the magenta or yellow cartridges. Pulled cartridges and apparently my little cleaning job had spilled down into the cartridge area. Have cleaned as best as possible and the yellow cartridge is showing up again, unfortunately my magenta cartridge is not. Pulled ribbon cable at back to see if re-seating would clear issue and have noticed that the magenta cable has some degredation, I am including images of the magenta cable (first image) and second "good" cable from yellow cartridge (second image).
If I need to replace this cable where can I purchase it? If the cable is still ok what other options do I need to pursue?

Sorry for being so long winded, but am just trying to be as thorough as possible in describing my dilema.

Again, thanks for your consideration/viewing of this issue.

Attachments

• 20230530_124603.jpg
    20230530_124603.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • 20230530_124500.jpg
    20230530_124500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
solventinkjet.com and compassmicro.com are good resources for Epson parts. I don't know if they do repair consults. signs101.com is a wide format oriented forum.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back