Epson 4900/Fiery RIP?

earl

We need to upgrade our proofer from an Epson 4800. The only target I care about matching is a SWOP2006#3sheet and only one paper. Our current proofing RIP doesn't support the 4900, and it could cost me $$$ to upgrade everything. Looks like I can get a new 4900 with a Fiery for about $3000. Will I be able to calibrate to what I need?

YES. No problem.
We need to upgrade our proofer from an Epson 4800. The only target I care about matching is a SWOP2006#3sheet and only one paper. Our current proofing RIP doesn't support the 4900, and it could cost me $$$ to upgrade everything. Looks like I can get a new 4900 with a Fiery for about $3000. Will I be able to calibrate to what I need?

According to this IDEAlliance link SWOP | Certification: Certified Systems , the 7900 and 9900 with EFI rip are Gracol C1, SWOP C3 and SWOP C5 certified proofing systems. I don't know if the 4900 shares the same printing engine/color gamut (I assume so) but if it does you should be OK.

Last edited:
If something as old as 9600 can do Gracol or swop 3 would you think that the newest x900 series would do it too? it kind of makes no sense for epson to make a smaller gamut printer. What do you think? Or maybe you know any newer generation printer that HAS SMALLER gamut than the previous generations?

@stargate

You're right. I just wanted to point out the fact that 2 other printers from the same x900 series, coupled with the Fiery RIP, were actually SWOP certified.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back