Epson 9800 Clogged head

zapprint

I have a friend who dropped off a printer, looks pretty clean but it seems most heads are clogged.
I put some water on the pad and am letting set until Monday, but was wondering if anyone has other suggestions to try and make the printer work if the moistened pad doesn't do the trick?

Thanks

Try the super cleaning if it has that option.
It uses a lot of ink but that seems to be the only thing that will get epsons to work again.

Also clean the rubber cleaning strip before trying a head clean. This prevents the dirt being reapplied to the heads during a power clean.

Jake.

I did this with a 10600 that sat for a year on somebody's dock gathering dust etc before I got it. I used a thick wiper pad (webrill or similar), well moistened with warm water (distilled might be better) and then rubber banded tightly against the print nozzles (I had to remove a guard and loosen some screws to allow good access but not undoing the actual nozzle assembly. That was a Friday afternoon. I waited over the weekend and pulled the pad Monday morning directly off the heads in the same direction as the nozzles would spray. Eureka, the softening made the power clean work wonders and the printer has worked for three years flawlessly since.
John W

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back