Epson 9900 print problem

utsfoil

Hello

My boss brought one of these at an Auction about 6 weeks ago.
It came with no instructions, drivers or software.
I got our IT consultant to configure the network so it would print.
Did some test prints and a job and it ran perfectly. :)

Last week I turned the printer on for the first time since then.
Went through a start up routine on the printer, checked that it was still being seen on the network and proceeded to print a job.

First problem was that when I went into the printing preferences the ink levels showed grey. :confused:

I sent the file and got an error message in the Status Monitor.
"Check all connections and make sure all devices are on. If the power was turned off during printing, cancel the print job. If the error does not clear, see your printer documentation."

The documentation states that you should update your drivers, did that.

Checked all that and then turned the computer and printer off & on.

Currently got no idea and of course there is now an urgent job required.

Hope that someone out there can help.

Rob Ottelli

First problem was that when I went into the printing preferences the ink levels showed grey. :

This means that there is no communication with the printer and that is why you get the error when printing. If you ping your printers IP do you get a reply??
Download from the following link the NetConfig utility to verify that you have the network connection right. Also donwload and install NetPrint which allows you to add an Epson NetPort instead of a standard tcpip port, it works better.

Drivers for the Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Large Format

Hope it helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back