Epson P9000 cut sheet question

schenkadere

Hi. I have 3 P9000's, all about 2 years old or so. I run Oris Color Tuner to all 3. Identical parameters. One of them always drops the cut sheet after printing. The others hang like they should and allow more drying time. This one dumps it on the floor. I did a firmware upgrade a few months back that seemed to fix it, but it's back to its old games. Any ideas?

On the Epson's in question, take a look at the left side of the display. There is an icon that will show either a roll of paper, a roll of paper with scissors, or a sheet with a corner bent inward. What you are describing sounds like the printers in question are set to roll only (without the scissors). The scissors icon needs to be visible in order for the paper to be automatically cut after printing is completed. If the scissors are missing, press the left arrow button to change the setting.

Does this help?
pd

Attachments

• p9000ce_control-panel.jpg
    p9000ce_control-panel.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 291
Thanks, but that's not it. It's set perfectly fine. I wonder if the pressure is slightly less or maybe the sheet size sensor is calibrated slightly different than my other 2 P9000's. It's not a game changer but it can be a PITA.

I mean printers have different version on board firmware so I think you change user part of Firmware and this not make any changes. For 100% confidence you can change motherboards between two printers but this will be little hard. Update board firmware can make only Epson service engineer

I mean printers have different version on board firmware so I think you change user part of Firmware and this not make any changes. For 100% confidence you can change motherboards between two printers but this will be little hard. Update board firmware can make only Epson service engineer
Thanks but it's really not worth all that effort. Hoping for a simple, quick fix, otherwise I can live with it.

You can share on youtube video with your problem maybe if I see problem I can find something what you don’t see and this can be key for solve problem.
You can share on youtube video with your problem maybe if I see problem I can find something what you don’t see and this can be key for solve problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back