Esko DFS - .ACM file format conversion

Thanks Simon, I am not sure if our client has Artios, I seem to recall them mentioning TurboCAD and that could not read the Esko DFS .acm format.

I am sort of stuck in the middle and I am only receiving 2nd/3rd hand info, which makes things rather disjointed!

Thanks for the help Simon!

Stephen

May I ask why they want to convert the acm file to another format?
I can't really understand why someone would like to use the cut file from DFS.
Or do they use DFS but not Konsgsberg?

Yes, they would like to use another cut/crease/plot table, which uses a standard format .dxf file, however it appears that this is sewn up pretty tight as an Esko only software/hardware solution (DFS+Konsberg).

Stephen Marsh

I'm afraid so.. DFS is a compleat solution... The only workaround I can think of is with Artois Cad. But I'm still doubting that this would be a good solution. Does their table have a camera or laser pointer? And is it really good enough to cut photopolymer plates?

The table has been proved to cut all gauge digital flexo plates. The table does not have a camera, however it does have a laser pointer. AFAIK the laser is only active when initially setting up the substrate on the flatbed, the crosshair is used to visually establish the origin/home point and can also be used to check if the sheet is square. I don't know if the laser pointer can be active during cutting/plotting - is this an issue?

The software driving the table uses DXF or HPG files.

Thank you for your input Simon, it is truly appreciated. Keep it up, I'm all ears (or is that eyes?)!

Stephen Marsh

So, if ArtiosCAD can convert .acm to .dxf, then a third party table could be used for the cut/plot side of the DFS workflow.

What sort of outlay is one looking at for ArtiosCAD (single user license)? I am presuming that this will be a costly solution for simply converting from one file format to another!

Stephen Marsh

Hi

This could work.. Please let me know how it goes!

cheers
Simon

Hi, sorry for my late reply.
Please get in touch with you local sales rep.
But yes, Artios Cad only to do file conversion is overkill.
just a though, but why not use ACAD to do other things as well?
I know other DFS customers who uses ACAD to also create boxes to be used for shipping their polymer plates.
With ACAD it's just a matter of seconds.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back