Evolution

Cory Smith

173-Evolution.jpg

Interesting observation and one that is quite true.

At the heart of any effort to make progress, there is the requirement to understand the actual problem and then to envision a practical solution.

The industry still has problems in understanding how things work at fundamental levels and continues to try to automate faulty concepts that have been developed historically in the hope that doing so will result in progress.

It seems that the development of technology in the printing industry is designed to cope with problems and not to solve problems. That has got to be a recipe for frustration.

Drop shadows on spot colors and... heck with it, "emboss" them all! Especially that cool free font I found on the interwebs! I'm feeling spry, so lets do that spot color in Photoshop! ok now im off the rails, grinding teeth ILLUSTRATOR PATTERNS! i'll be ok.

The more complex and sophisticated software becomes, the harder it is to make it play nice with your existing equipment, but the richer the software companies become.

Also, the less likely the software companies are to fix existing bugs. Just buy the new version, problem solved. Sound familiar?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back