Export pdfScope file into an editable Illustrator file

Ligia

Hello everybody:

I've been trying to export a pdfScope file into an editable Illustrator file. I have the ticket for that, but it is not a 100% editable one.
I mean, I have to re-link everything again, and all the gradients or effects created in Packedge got embedded, or got damaged, impossible to edit in Illustrator.
You may ask why I want to export a pdfScope file?, well our customers want to apply some changes but of course they don't have Packegde.

is there a better way to export it in a painless way?
I appreciate your time.

Ligia

All images will be embedded if you are using the export to AI ticket there is no way round that (we have continued to press esko for this function for many years), it is possible to extract the images from the AI file using esko's imageX. I would have to check the gradients when i am back at work.

Oh, thanks for your answer Repro_is_still_alive.

Unfortunately we don't have the imageX plug-in :(
I don't mind opening the ct files in Photoshop with the free CT/LP plug-in and placing them over again in AI, but what I hate the most is, when blends, gradients and internal images from PE are flattened with 'everything'. I can't separate that !!! (nor my customers!)....
I agree with you, let's press Esko :D

Regards
Ligia.

Oh, thanks for your answer Repro_is_still_alive.
I agree with you, let's press Esko :D

Regards
Ligia.

Not sure it's esko's fault. Ever tried opening an indesign pdf in illustrator? See what hapens with linked images, swatches & grouped objects. Or edit an ill pdf in acrobat/pitstop and try to open it again in ill... Another one, save a pdf in ill but disable the option "preserve illustrator editing capabilties" and open this pdf in ill again... You'll notice that even all those pdf's made by the same Brand (adobe) are not so compatible as they should be...

Not sure it's esko's fault. Ever tried opening an indesign pdf in illustrator? See what hapens with linked images, swatches & grouped objects. Or edit an ill pdf in acrobat/pitstop and try to open it again in ill... Another one, save a pdf in ill but disable the option "preserve illustrator editing capabilties" and open this pdf in ill again... You'll notice that even all those pdf's made by the same Brand (adobe) are not so compatible as they should be...

Hello PetePress, I understand your point. Esko has been changing the Packedge 'environment' through the years, most of the palettes used in PE S7 are pretty similar from AI CS. (this is thanks to Adobe), but I've been using PE since 2002 (Packedge 2.0), and I thought there might be something new when exporting files. Yeap, it is not only Esko's issue. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back