Fastest Way to Typeset and Impose Business Cards Using Adobe InDesign & Data Merge

Mike the Print Man

Hi Everyone.

I know a lot of folks know how to do this already, but here is a quickie on how to use InDesign Data Merge to quickly typeset and impose business cards. I also show how to use PDF Snake online to impose as well.

Hope you enjoy.

Did you mention... Data Merge > Create Merged Document ?

That's a nice feature to make it into an ID file that contains all the business cards/documents into one ID file that has individual pages of each item. This way, as you get future orders with minor edits to one or few cards, you can edit them directly.

Did you mention... Data Merge > Create Merged Document ?

That's a nice feature to make it into an ID file that contains all the business cards/documents into one ID file that has individual pages of each item. This way, as you get future orders with minor edits to one or few cards, you can edit them directly.
Most certainly. Although i usually create proofs one up and then place into a spread for output. If I make edits it’s usually in the one up file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back