Fiery for Konica Bizhub 1060 can't see network

lostmind

Have a problem that perhaps someone can give me options to try. We have a Konica Bizhub 1060 with a Fiery running Command Workstation 5. We've had a number of issues with conflicting IP addresses lately but this wasn't one of the computers with the problem. We have an employee that recently went around to all the computers that didn't have static IP addresses (they were set to obtain IP addresses automatically) and tried to add static IP addresses. Now we can't get the Fiery to see the other computers on the network and it can't find the server when we try to import jobs from a folder on the main server. We've had to resort to using an external hard drive to transport jobs to the printer. I removed the static IP address and changed it back to obtain the IP address automatically but haven't had any luck reconnecting to the main server. The Fiery seems to show up on other computers that it's there and I can access some folders. Any ideas on what to try next? Thank you!

This is kind of a broad description of the issue. But I will give you a couple of ideas or places to look.
One would be DNS (Domain Name Service) on your server. DNS resolves the computer name with the IP address. DNS can have bad names on both the server and on the Fiery. If you have had duplicate IP addresses on your network this might have become jumbled making the system unable to find other computers and vice versa. Another place to look would be your antivirus software on your computers/workstations/server. If you have the firewall “on” it could block communication to and from the Fiery. And last, try to connect to your server from the Fiery using the server's IP address instead of the DNS name.
Hope this helps...

Since it seems to be communicating with other computers since reverting back to auto IP, you may have overlapping issues. Is the main server running windows? Did it run updates since it last was able to communicate. If so, try uninstalling that last update and see if it can then communicate.

This is an IP address collison problem. Either set all the workstations back to DHCP, or set everything to static IP addresses, but in this case you have to write down meticulously all the workstations' addresses, to avoid collision. In both cases the server should have a static IP address.

Have a problem that perhaps someone can give me options to try. We have a Konica Bizhub 1060 with a Fiery running Command Workstation 5. We've had a number of issues with conflicting IP addresses lately but this wasn't one of the computers with the problem. We have an employee that recently went around to all the computers that didn't have static IP addresses (they were set to obtain IP addresses automatically) and tried to add static IP addresses. Now we can't get the Fiery to see the other computers on the network and it can't find the server when we try to import jobs from a folder on the main server. We've had to resort to using an external hard drive to transport jobs to the printer. I removed the static IP address and changed it back to obtain the IP address automatically but haven't had any luck reconnecting to the main server. The Fiery seems to show up on other computers that it's there and I can access some folders. Any ideas on what to try next? Thank you!
1. on fiery, obtain an dynamic ip from dhcp server
2 on your router dhcp server set up page, assign fiery a static ip, you need to finish this step then everything will be ok

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back