Fiery RIP frequently disconnects from printer.

AC Prepress

I've had this issue ever since we got our Konica Minolta AccurioPress C3080 a couple years ago: Command Workstation often looses contact with the printer when the printer goes into sleep mode, which kinda makes sense. But every now and then the disconnect happens in the middle of running the job so we end up having to count how many copies we have so we can finish printing after rebooting the RIP. Were using Command Workstation 6. Techs have tried a number of things to try and fix it, but nothing really worked and they are at a loss.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and found any kind of solution?

Yes. Windows 10 IoT Edition EXP-3100 here with a Xerox V3100. Try disabling Windows Defender first and see if the issue persists.

My "fix" is to whitelist several program folders in the Windows Defender control panel. Both vendors were clueless and their only solution was to reinstall the RIP (about a 6 hour process including updates).

I'm running Fiery from Mac OS so there's no Defender getting in the way. The techs have tried reinstalling the RIP a couple times but it didn't help and just screws up our presets.

Is the Fiery "server" embedded linux hanging off the back of the printer or a Windows workstation on its own wheels?

I'm running Fiery from Mac OS so there's no Defender getting in the way. The techs have tried reinstalling the RIP a couple times but it didn't help and just screws up our presets.
Have your KM dealer or rep escalate the issue to EFI for resolution. There might already be a fix in the form of a patch. You could also search communities.efi.com to see if others have had similar issues.

Keep us updated as I am about to buy a fiery for my C6100 (one model higher than the C3080. I have had soo many nightmares with my previous 4 fiery's that I am hoping to do something else now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back