File download / Preflight / Imposition

TradeGraphicDesign

Hi All,

I used to have a cracking system from Esko, connected to a website I owned. That would pull down the PDF's / run some preflight against some associated XML data / and change the website status to 'in production' or 'artwork rejected' and report the file errors back to the client for them to fix - successful PDF's we're processed and imposed for digital presses.

These days, I'm back at the start of a journey, and don't have the pennies that I used to, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of some other cheaper systems to piece together some automation?

Has anyone heard of websites like www.make.com or www.zapier.com to string together a few processes to get some kind of automation going?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi Tim, Slowly but surely some vendors on the print production side are moving to subscription/pay-per-use models. While for Desktop application that has already been the case for a while, more automated, integrate-able technologies have been lagging. From a pricing point of view, in the end they might not be cheaper, but they do avoid the upfront investment. When it comes to integration, Aleyant provides Zapier integration for their web2print platform Pressero, and so do quite a few other ecommerce solutions. Good2Go offers subscription based job onboarding, built on Enfocus PitStop technology with Zapier integration. Atomyx Prepare is a full SaaS Artwork Processing API, built on callas pdfToolbox technology, providing preflight, correction, imposition and essentially can be integrated in any other integration Platform as a Service. On LinkedIn you'll find some references to Make integration in print.

Hi Tim, Slowly but surely some vendors on the print production side are moving to subscription/pay-per-use models. While for Desktop application that has already been the case for a while, more automated, integrate-able technologies have been lagging. From a pricing point of view, in the end they might not be cheaper, but they do avoid the upfront investment. When it comes to integration, Aleyant provides Zapier integration for their web2print platform Pressero, and so do quite a few other ecommerce solutions. Good2Go offers subscription based job onboarding, built on Enfocus PitStop technology with Zapier integration. Atomyx Prepare is a full SaaS Artwork Processing API, built on callas pdfToolbox technology, providing preflight, correction, imposition and essentially can be integrated in any other integration Platform as a Service. On LinkedIn you'll find some references to Make integration in print.
Thanks Tom, thats really helpful, I'll go some digging around those links. Much appreciated

Tim

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back