fingerprints cd-74-6 UV linear plate 50% , print 90,9%

jordan

Hi,
huge dotgain distortion on press. Dotgain curve on fingerprints cd-74-6 UV linear plate 50%-50% , print 50%-90,9%.(picture)
Not much left raster from 50%-100%.
Should drop dotgain on some normal value and do it color correction with icc cmyk converter?
Any solution?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo4958.jpg
    photo4958.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 191
Hi,
huge dotgain distortion on press. Dotgain curve on fingerprints cd-74-6 UV linear plate 50%-50% , print 50%-90,9%.(picture)
Not much left raster from 50%-100%.
Should drop dotgain on some normal value and do it color correction with icc cmyk converter?
Any solution?

Thanks

Are you using the calibration manager correctly?

My understanding is that:**
Nominal%" means the tone values of the test chart - i.e. the requested tone values in the native file that is to be imaged.
"Process%" means, I think, the target values that you want to achieve in the presswork.
"Measured%" means the actual tone values that you achieved in the presswork.

Are your nominal% values the values you need to linearize your plates?

**From the user guide: "Prinect Color Solutions – User Guide Color Interface and process calibration

In the window that then appears, the nominal values (the tone values of the test chart), the process values (the specified tone values in the print) and the measured values (the actual tone values in the print) are displayed for each of the individual process colors in a table. The column for the measured values is empty to start with. The number and graduation of the tone values corresponds to that of the 13-step control strip that was measured with Image Control."

Last edited:
Thanks for replay,

maxon, cd74-6 is combined press. Using combined UV/conventional rollers and gums.
Combined machine has normal increase in dot gain.
but the values measured in the footprint without process calibration are quite high.

No Title

Hi Gordo,

Yes, i using the calibration manager correctly xD.
Print on other materials are fine and no trouble.

Trouble start at UV print on Gloss paper labels. I cant change labels material.

I did calibrations on offset plate and is 50%-50%.
when i print without process calibration curve i get:
50% measure on plate --- 90.9% measure on gloss paper label (without process calibration curve), when i use process calibration get 68% and is OK.

But, raster strip look like...
fetch

(picture)
1.st strip 90,9% reduce to 68% with process calibration
2.st strip ISO 12647-2

Should corrected curve which is not so distorted.
However, the color impression will not be correct.

Maybe use Alwan conversion * .PDF thru ICC and achieved on this basis the better color print?

Thank you all.

Attachments

• photo4965.gif
    photo4965.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 192

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back