Flatworker SE 8.04 Question?

Hi

I was wondering if I could get some advice please. Basically all I want to do is add the filename to my information bar on the plates.

We have the current set up:

%Z - %V, Set : %O - %F
%Z cmyk refs / %V hot ticket name (IE. A4 - 1S - P - NO GT) / Set : 1 - front/back %O / %V

I'm just trying to add the filename which get's dropped into HF tickets. I've tried every macro listed in the information editor and I also tried the line in which trueflow adds the filename to the PDF/TIFF's it creates which is %n. I also tried this as %N but no luck. Maybe I am going about this the complete wrong way. Does anybody know it's possible to do this?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
I am not 100% sure but I think you can't do that. What you can have is %J which writes the job name to the plate. Somehow I find that it makes sense as your imposition could consist of multiple files. Which would be the file name it uses?
On the other hand doesn't a job which originates from a file that has been dropped into hotfolder take the name from that file. If it does maybe %J is your answer. %n does not work in information mark. It is meant for file naming convention.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back