Flexo Solvent Based Plates Coming out .0625 too long NEED HELP!

KPS

I'm a noob when it comes to Flexo and I've pretty much been thrown into it and trying to learn it as I go. We mainly do Pharmacy Prescription Labels and everything was working great and then it all fell apart. We had a heating element go out on our Film ECRM Multiline Processor and once we got that fixed a pump went out on our Flexo Kelleigh Wash out Unit. So after everything was fixed I continued making plates and just had the pressman come and tell me that none of our new plates are working. He says they are .0625 in too long like they have been stretch. I checked my files and the film which are correct.

Our Equipment:
Kelleigh 230 UV Exposure / Post Exposure / Finisher
Kelleigh 240 Inline Processor / Dryer
ECRM Knockout 4550L Scriptsetter

Dupont Cyrel .067mm Solvent Based Plates
Dupont Cyrel Solvent

We have ran all our plates with a Back Exposure of 45 sec. and Front Exposure 12 min.
I tried doing a strip test but I have never done one and not sure if I did it correctly. I then increase my Back Exposure to 1min.10sec. and the pressman told me there was a little difference in the plate but not much.

So I'm not sure where I should begin to fix this issue. Any Advice would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks
-Ash

So I better understand, new plates are not fitting old plates or new plates all fit each other but are the wrong length around the cylinder?
Steve Suffoletto

Thanks for all the advice, but I believe I have figured it out. It ended up being the Back Exposure was set too low.

So I better understand, new plates are not fitting old plates or new plates all fit each other but are the wrong length around the cylinder?
Steve Suffoletto
Well, We thought we figured it out thinking it was the Back Exposure which it didn't fix the problem. My New plates all fit each other but are coming out the wrong length around the cylinder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back