FM screening job times out when sending to rip

agrant1012

Hi,
I'm new to this DI forum, thought this was the best place to ask.
I am ripping from Indesign CS3 to a Ryobi_PS-RIP at 300 with FM screening on, a 26 page calendar with large photos on one page and then the black calendar grid on the other. The problem is occurring at the third page, the rip "flushes the rest of the job". this happened whether or not the page is a photo page or not, and whether or not the order of pages is changed. Also to eliminate possibilities, the pages WILL rip individually, that makes me think it is not the file but rather the amount of information being sent to the rip at one time. It also rips perfectly fine, all 26 pages, when ripped with round dots at 200 or 300 line screen.

Has anyone had this happen?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
-ariana

are you getting a postscript error page printing out when it dies? there should be an option in your rip to "print postscript error page". This wont solve your problem, but if you get an error page with an "offending command: whatever"...it might help you solve it

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back