Fogra New Testing Procedure

I am glad to hear it. What type of product is it? Can it be used for both rollers and blankets? What is the VOC level?

Dan,

I was reading this article and could not pass up your statement.

"Unless people are willing to wash their blankets and rollers with mayonnaise (or some other emulsified oil product) I see little alternative to the use of some sort of solvent.
Alois Senefelder likes this."
Daniel T Roll

I have been using a wash from Amerikal for many years now that has no petroleum distillates and it works great. It also has no regulated toxins. There are alternatives out there without sacrificing the quality of the product.

Printpro
Do you have German Presses? If so how did you handle the Fogra certification requirements for warranty.
Do you have any special local ordinances, mandates, air quality regulations in your area?

Last edited:
I am glad to hear it. What type of product is it? Can it be used for both rollers and blankets? What is the VOC level?

It is a solvent that can be used on both rollers and blankets for UV, EB, and conventional inks. Used by hand or in the automated systems. VOC's are 32g/l.

Printpro
Do you have German Presses? If so how did you handle the Fogra certification requirements for warranty.
Do you have any special local ordinances, mandates, air quality regulations in your area?

We have German 40" presses.
We let the manufacture know at the time of purchase if we were going to be forced to by a Fogra solvent we were not going to by their press, we don't use a Forga solvent, enough said.
We have very tight restrictions in CA. Our solvent passes them all hands down.

We have German 40" presses.
We let the manufacture know at the time of purchase if we were going to be forced to by a Fogra solvent we were not going to by their press, we don't use a Forga solvent, enough said.
We have very tight restrictions in CA. Our solvent passes them all hands down.

So the Germans do wave the Fogra warranty restictions? Did they still honor their 1 year warranty?

So the Germans do wave the Fogra warranty restictions? Did they still honor their 1 year warranty?

Yes, if they wouldn't we would have bought a different press. We made it clear to them it was a deal breaker.
Bottom line, once they realized we had done our home work they remembered they were in the business of selling presses and not Fogra consumables.

Yes, if they wouldn't we would have bought a different press. We made it clear to them it was a deal breaker.
Bottom line, once they realized we had done our home work they remembered they were in the business of selling presses and not Fogra consumables.

That puts the press manufacturer in a legal and ethical catch 22.
By nullifying the Fogra requirements they have established a legal precedence that the presses warranty is no longer tied to Fogra approved products.
Here is the dilemma your press is either warranted by using Fogra certified products or it is not. Once you have established that the warranty is still intact without the use of Fogra certified materials the press manufacturer must now give gratis Fogra certification to the agreed upon chemistry or drop all of the Fogra requirements.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back