Folder for folding nested or stapled sets

Dmiller35

Are there any good machines out there for folding nested or corner stapled sets?
We have an old Profold machine that works sometimes but it's not consistent and they don't make parts for it anymore.
Sometimes we can get through it by hand dropping them in our Stitchliner but that only works if it's a half-fold.
Just wondering if there are other solutions for this.

I have an old friction feed Profold folder that I use for doing this, depending on how many sheets are in a set. I wrap the lower fold roller with some tape on both ends to open up the gap between the rollers so there's not as much pressure on the fold. Not too many parts are needed to keep in running. Rollers can be recovered, the feed tires are still available and even the motor and speed controller can be replaced with off the shelf items. It's not a pretty machine but it still runs.

I'm pretty sure other options get fairly expensive and I don't do too much of this kind of work any more.

Yeah, that's what we have. It works okay but it's slow. Just wondering if there are any better options out there.

A knife folder is an option but, it's going to be pricey. I've never seen a buckle folder that folded stapled booklets consistently. You always have to refold some of them by hand.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back