Font Managment

SoggyWinter

My team has multiple machines spanning MacOS and various Windows flavors. We'd like to be able to curate and standardize fonts across them. Does anyone have a favorite tool or scripts for managing font in a small shop? thanks.

Are you using Adobe CC? If so you have TypeKit. Not the biggest range of fonts but there are some good ones that span that various styles and would work for everyone logged into Adobe CC.

I'm really liking Typekit for Adobe CC so far, but if you have a lot of fonts stored locally you might want to look at Suitcase Fusion. It runs on Mac and Windows and they have a cloud based option for teams. Plus plug-ins for Adobe, Quark, etc. that allow auto activation of fonts when a document is opened.

https://www.extensis.com/suitcase-fusion/

I'm really liking Typekit for Adobe CC so far, but if you have a lot of fonts stored locally you might want to look at Suitcase Fusion. It runs on Mac and Windows and they have a cloud based option for teams. Plus plug-ins for Adobe, Quark, etc. that allow auto activation of fonts when a document is opened.

https://www.extensis.com/suitcase-fusion/

+1 for Suitcase Fusion with TeamSync, it keeps all of your computers font libraries synced up through the cloud. Plus it has plug-ins for most applications.

We have moved to Font Server from extensis. this is by far better then any other single user style font management. We use it very crudely and it auto activates about 99% of the fonts. works well with CC type kit also.
It is pricy BUT time saved dealing with fonts is well worth it

If using Indesign or Illustrator, just make sure every job is packaged correctly and you do not need font management software at all. Adobe made this really simple and one feature I love. Indesign and Illustrator will see the fonts packaged in the folder and use them without needing to activate. All jobs are packaged here, I am anal about it. Makes life a lot simpler not needing to activate the weird helvetica font that was used for some reason.

We recently switched to Extensis' Suitcase TeamSync, and we're LOVING it. Everything's automatically synchronized between all users, and the headaches of old Mac fonts go away as a bonus.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back