Fonts not readable/embedding

buckeye

A customer provided a pdf with the fonts not readable with an application called "American Greetings Create A Card Platinum #6" on a Windows ME computer. She is using Acrobat PDFWriter 4.05 for Windows to create the pdf with "Embed All Fonts" being checked in the Font Embedding tab. Attached is a sample of the pdf.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Attachments

• II.PDF
    77.2 KB · Views: 152
If you check documents properties in Acrobat you will see that there are no fonts contained in this PDF.

I saw that, but any ideas what would cause this? She is able to select and change the fonts so it's not like they were rasterized.

@ buckeye

when you say "She is able to select and change the fonts so it's not like they were rasterized." - in what application was she able to select and change fonts ? the application that she is using called "American Greetings Create A Card Platinum #6?" - I mean, clearly she can't do that using the touchup tool in Acrobat Pro...I certainly can't on my Vista (x86) running Acrobat Pro 9.

Ask if this application can print PostScript to file, and (perhaps) IF she has Adobe Acrobat Distiller - she might have better luck making a PDF that you might be able to use - Acrobat Writer does not have a great reputation for making PDF files in the first place - and who know what this application does or does not do - the type in the PDF file you shared was illegible on my laptop.

Hope this helps (probably it wont!)

Michael,

It's illegible on my end too.

She's able to select and change the font in the "American Greetings" program.

It was quite painful enough, over the phone, just to get her to select the PDFWriter other than the LEXMARK printer that she's used to printing to. I did ask if she saw something that said "Print to File" in the Print Dialog box but said she did not. I'll ask again.

Thanks,

Erik

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back