For over ten years I edited every PDF with Illustrator.

Hi Simon. I know a little about some of the stuff Esko add and I was going to have a play but the links are broken so I can't download it. It also doesn't see to be available for download on the plugin pages so I guess it's been pulled and the page is hanging around.
If I get a chance I will have a chat with the Esko guys, we are in the same building, there are on the floor above.

Bottom line as said before, illustrator is not a PDF editor.

Simon is absolutely correct. I have this plugin and it is a life saver. Not to contradict anything - using Illustrator for PDFs is a no-no unless you know the PDF is Illustrator friendly (generated by Illustrator with compatibility or generated by other software with compatibility for Illustrator). The Esko plugin converts nPDF to Illustrator PDF and allows us to open PDFs generated by CAD programs and other software with layers and other features in-tact.

I hate to assume anything, but I'd venture a guess that probably 95% of the PDFs we receive were originated in Illustrator. Not many people use Corel anymore and IMHO, any other program is pretty substandard. We have pretty high up clients so I'd be surprised to learn that they're using anything other than Illustrator.

Hi Simon. I know a little about some of the stuff Esko add and I was going to have a play but the links are broken so I can't download it. It also doesn't see to be available for download on the plugin pages so I guess it's been pulled and the page is hanging around.
If I get a chance I will have a chat with the Esko guys, we are in the same building, there are on the floor above.

Bottom line as said before, illustrator is not a PDF editor.

I know, I was in LDC CS team on 2nd floor ;)
Btw, don't you guys have access to S: drive?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back