Fuji updates the Versant Series

SoggyWinter

Duplex up to 34" / 861mm
Simplex up to 47" / 1200mm
New feed tray design for banner media

I suspect that these machines will be released in Asia/Pacific region before they start selling in North America. With Fuji and Xerox parting ways, I don't know if they'll be sold by Fuji or by Xerox in the US and Canada.

Looks like they added an "i" to the name and printed a new brochure and made a new video for the previous models. Nothing really exciting here if you ask me. Ill keep my V3100 that's creeping up on 5 million impressions.

I wouldn't say they're upgrade worthy if you already have a 3100 but they're some nice added features.
Now officially rated to 400gsm.
Air Suction Fed
Up to 1200mm
Between these features and the colour change kit already available it really gives the machine a wide product capability.

Will be interesting to see if any upgrades to the print engine and paper path.
You only hear about these improvements from techs as they'll never admit there was a problem or weakness in a current model to start with.

Reactions: MIE
I had a feeling this was coming. I looked on their website on Tuesday for a new press model. Guess I wasn't far off.

I like the features they have added, but don't think we will be upgrading any time soon. This seems like a stop-gap between what they have now and what they will be releasing next. Banner sheet duplexing, heavier weights and also better feeding is cool for sure though.

I had a feeling this was coming. I looked on their website on Tuesday for a new press model. Guess I wasn't far off.

I like the features they have added, but don't think we will be upgrading any time soon. This seems like a stop-gap between what they have now and what they will be releasing next. Banner sheet duplexing, heavier weights and also better feeding is cool for sure though.
I’d love to see a B2 digital press that didn’t cost a fortune like the indigo and had a click similar to where they’re currently at. That would make digital way more cost effective in the 2500-5000 booklet market. Every market really, but that’s where I see the biggest gap difference.

I’d love to see a B2 digital press that didn’t cost a fortune like the indigo and had a click similar to where they’re currently at. That would make digital way more cost effective in the 2500-5000 booklet market. Every market really, but that’s where I see the biggest gap difference.
We'll see. Xerox seems to be out of steam at the moment.

We'll see. Xerox seems to be out of steam at the moment.
Do you think? I felt they're the only ones really developing anything. Between the new creative abilities of the Iridesse and the latest inkjet with the Baltoro. I haven't heard much from Canon, HP, Minolta and Ricoh. They seem to have just spent the last few year enhancing their machines rather than creating anything new.

Konica makes a B2 inkjet called the KM1.

Do you think? I felt they're the only ones really developing anything. Between the new creative abilities of the Iridesse and the latest inkjet with the Baltoro. I haven't heard much from Canon, HP, Minolta and Ricoh. They seem to have just spent the last few year enhancing their machines rather than creating anything new.
So this post says Xerox is updating their stuff, but the only thing all the other companies are doing is updating their stuff?

So this post says Xerox is updating their stuff, but the only thing all the other companies are doing is updating their stuff?

No, I said I felt Xerox are creating new features where others are just improving old. This is just my opinion as someone said Xerox had run out of steam.
To be honest I'd actually prefer Xerox to spend more time improving there current machines.

I don't know about the other companies but Ricoh has a lot of new equipment. Lots of Ink-based stuff, for sure. And they are constantly improving their present machines. And a 2nd or 3rd generation of a series is always better than the 1st of a series. The C5100 was a very good machine, the C5200 is great and 3rd generation C5300 is virtually perfect. The C9200 is better than the C9100, etc.

Just reading about this release on Printweek, basically copy and pasted from Xerox webpage so no additional in but it did finish with this

In the past, models that have been introduced by FujiXerox find their way to North America and Europe some months later. However, the technology partnership between Xerox and FujiXerox will come to an end on 31 March next year, though FujiXerox will continue to supply Xerox with products after this date. The next day a new company, Fujifilm Business Innovation Corp, will be able to distribute and sell products throughout the world that would have previously been sold through Xerox.

I see these are now listed on the US and Ireland Xerox site with max length listed as 660mm. Seems FujiXerox offer more than Xerox, will be interesting to see what Fuji offer worldwide in March.

Given the amount of image problems Im having with my 3100, I dont think I will be in a hurry to buy another Xerox device. Its disgusting that a 12 month old machine has image quality like mine

Given the amount of image problems Im having with my 3100, I dont think I will be in a hurry to buy another Xerox device. Its disgusting that a 12 month old machine has image quality like mine
My 3100 shipped from the factory with a defective RoS window. Once diagnosed, the image quality has been smooth sailing for the most part with image quality.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back