FUJI XMF Problem with smooth gradient

hangloose6

Hi,

we have a big problem with our workflow XMF.
Smooth gradients in files delivered by our customers often start with 0%. With 2 other RIP´s we tested this and both times we got smooth gradients on the plate. Not so with our Workflow, XMF. RIPed with XMF, we have a step in the shade. Normaly it shoud start smooth with a very small dot and that dot should get bigger and bigger. In XMF the first dot that is "produced" allready is to big, so we don´t get a smooth gradient, insted it allways starts with a hard step. We can watch this both on the plate and on the screen (looking at the One-Bit-Tiff). So the reason can´t be the CtP or the press.
We tried XMF with linear characterisation and linearisation curves, allways with the same result.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

Many thanks

Magnus

Make sure you don't have 0 value in any of the curve settings except the actual 0. I think this will help. For example the 1 should not be 0.

If you can see this in your 1 bit TIFF, the problem most likely is in the RIP settings. Does changing your line screen or RIP resolution change where the dots start ? Does the RIP have a calibration tool ?

Our Compose Express RIP has a the ability to generate a calibration sweep and of course a Roam tool to preview to 1 bit TIFF files - this is standard with all Harlequin / Global Graphics RIPs - I see XMF is a Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), so i can help direct you... - I guess you should call tech support and ask where you adjust this

Sounds lika a calibration problem. Select a linear calibration and charactisation curve in the screen stting and do the test again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back