Furniture for print room

bcr

Hi guys,

Setting up our new and improved in house repro soon and I am looking for storage solutions suited to use in a print room.

i) Shelving

The walls are thin stud walls, but I would like shelving above the printers and finishing equipment.
- Is there such a thing as free-standing shelving which is supported only by legs either side of the printer? It wouldn't be overly heavy stuff - some supplies, toners, not heavy boxes of paper.

ii) Folding/Extendable tables
- In the middle of the room there is a d space which we would like to use on occasion for processing larger batches of prints. I'm thinking some fold-away or expandable tables would be good which we could put away when not in use. Any recommendations or suggestions? I thought of a wall-papering table but not sure they're strong enough to take the weight of lots of paper.

Pallet racks come to mind if you want easy of installation that snaps together. 8020 or Unistrut systems are a good DIY solution that requires some cutting and fasteners. If you have a MIG welder and basic metal cutting tools you could make just about anything from pipe at a lower cost. A trip to the lumber company is probably the least expensive.

Reactions: bcr

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back