Furniture for print room

bcr

Hi guys,

Setting up our new and improved in house repro soon and I am looking for storage solutions suited to use in a print room.

i) Shelving

The walls are thin stud walls, but I would like shelving above the printers and finishing equipment.
- Is there such a thing as free-standing shelving which is supported only by legs either side of the printer? It wouldn't be overly heavy stuff - some supplies, toners, not heavy boxes of paper.

ii) Folding/Extendable tables
- In the middle of the room there is a d space which we would like to use on occasion for processing larger batches of prints. I'm thinking some fold-away or expandable tables would be good which we could put away when not in use. Any recommendations or suggestions? I thought of a wall-papering table but not sure they're strong enough to take the weight of lots of paper.

SoggyWinter

Pallet racks come to mind if you want easy of installation that snaps together. 8020 or Unistrut systems are a good DIY solution that requires some cutting and fasteners. If you have a MIG welder and basic metal cutting tools you could make just about anything from pipe at a lower cost. A trip to the lumber company is probably the least expensive.

Reactions: bcr

Controlling the Purse Strings

Avanti
CONTROLLING THE
PURSE STRINGS

By Noel Ward, Editor@Large
What did you buy for your
business last week?
And how are you making sure everything you purchase is properly managed and accounted for?

Read the Article