G7 being implemented in our shop(Mr. Apollo, HELP)

Lumpy

I've been doing alot of research on the process. I'm a prepress supervisor. We have a Rampage workflow. Proof to an old Epson 10600 (which is going to be replaced with a 9800). Our plates are linearized every monday morning (Fuji LHPJ), is that a good enough practice? Our company recently purchased a Komori 840SP perfector press (which has never been fingerprinted). Is G7 a user friendly enough process without effecting the overall productivity of the company? What is this with papers and the UV on them being difficult with the G7 process?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, Lumpy.

Yes, you can do G7 yourself. Download and read the How-To Guide. Everything is there (except iteration - and that's not tough).

Will it affect overall productivity? Yep. You're gonna' tie up a press for a while. DON'T RUSH THIS! If you hurry, you will be disappointed.

Get plenty of paper - 10,000 - 15,000 sheets. DON'T SKIMP ON PAPER!

After all is said and done productivity will improve.

Contact me off-list if you need help. [email protected] or 918-732-8168.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back