G7 consultants for web offset

bmarple

We're looking for a G7 consultant that has successfully implemented the G7 process in a web offset plant. Seems that a lot of consultants have plenty of sheetfed experience, but lack solid and proven web experience. If anyone out there has a recommendation I'm all ears.
We actually thought we had found the right person for the job, however the company that employs this person is proving too difficult to work with. Any leads are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brent

I'll cast a second vote of confidence for Terry Wyse.

I'm not a consultant, but I can probably answer any questions you've got.

I've recently sent Terry an Email in hopes of getting a G7 conversation going. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions!
Regards,
Brent

LOL! Yes, Terry is a very professional and knowledgeable guy (nice fellow, too!)

The folks at RIT have a nice little web, and I know some of the color guys there, they're G7 fluent. Steve Suffoletto runs some in-plant training, but I don't know if it's web-specific. My guess is he may be able to help w/ the process one way or another. Tell him Big Mac sent you.

- Mac

Pilot Marketing

Pilot Marketing

Last week we qualified for G7. We used Pilot Marketing (www.pilotmarketing.com--President is David Hunter). David did an outstanding job. In 4 days we qualified two process (175lpi and 20 micron stochastic). Also helped us implement the Alwan CMYK Optimizer software at the same time. We also ran a test of a file optimized using Alwan for a customer who wanted to match a GRACoL proof while printing stochastic. We got the required training for G7 and for Alwan. David also evaluated our lighting conditions in prepress, pressroom and customer viewing room. He did a wonderful seminar for all of our salespeople and customer service staff [we call them project coordinators here]. All this is somewhat less than 4 days, as I mentioned above. David is efficient, professional and has a very practical sense of the overall business. I recommend him without reservation.

We run 3 webs--MAN Roland, M1000B and DGM430.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back