Generating single page PDF from Quark

artpear

Could anyone recommend a software that generates press quality single page PDFs from Quark ?
I saw the Kodak EVO for $22 000 but we cannot fit it in our budget !!!!

Thanks

Art

Re: Generating single page PDF from Quark

I know in quark 7, you can do just that, but we have a hot ticket set up in apogeex to create single page pdf files from a multiple page quark 6.5 document ( the reason we don't use quark 7 in this instance is that the client has quark 6 and they need our final working files to make changes for the next catalog). I'm not sure you need apogeex if you're just going to use it for pdf creation, but agfa offers a product called "apogee pdf & proof". I'm wondering if it would suit your needs. Not sure of the cost though. If you find out how much it is, let me know.

Here's a link:

http://www.agfa.com/en/gs/products_services/all_products/apogee_pdf_proof.jsp

> {quote:title=artpear wrote:}{quote}
> Could anyone recommend a software that generates press quality single page PDFs from Quark ?
> I saw the Kodak EVO for $22 000 but we cannot fit it in our budget !!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Art

Hi Art,

For this reply, I will assume that you are using Quark 7. That being the case, you really don't need any outside software. Quark is capable of generating press-quality PDF files and it can do it such that each PDF is only one page.

See the default output styles that comes with Quark already installed.

Does this help?
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Hello Art,

[ExporTools|http://www.xchangeuk.com/pd/detail/EXTLXT332M01/exportools_xt_for_quark_v4_v5_v6.html ], for only few hundred dollars, will also do what you like I believe.

"Exportools XT fully automates the process of saving and exporting the contents of individual pages into separate files, whether it's for remote printing, imposition, archiving or portability purposes. High-end printers and prepress houses worldwide rely on the power, speed and flexibility of Exportools to generate high resolution output using today's printing standards: EPS, PostScript and PDF."

Friendly Regards,
David Dilling
[Markzware|http://www.markzware-europe.com]

Could anyone recommend a software that generates press quality single page PDFs from Quark ?
I saw the Kodak EVO for $22 000 but we cannot fit it in our budget !!!!

Thanks

Art

I am a bit confused here! $22,000 for what!

If you generate your PDF and it has multiple pages you can just extract each page as a single file using Acrobat. Or as mentioned - you can use the File>Export to PDF option in Quark and tick the box which says "Export pages as separate PDFs".

Is that what you are trying to do?

What exactly are you trying to do? Is it to produce a single-page PDF from a Multi-Page Document (ie: Give me a PDF of Page 18 of 32) or are you asking for 32 Single-Page PDFs from a 32 Page Document (ie: One PDF per page)?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back