Getting Hp 5500 in registration

Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting my hp 5500 to get in register it's usually the yellow hanging but lately c,m,y have been hanging out. I've ran the calibrations but doesn't seem to do that well. Is there anything else I can do? I leave for training at HP in a week but need something until then.

Thank You,
Manuel Sanchez

Hey Prepress,

Have you tried adding null cycles to your jobs?
Job Properties>Substrate>Ink Transfer Mode> try level one first and see if you see any improvement. I run most of my jobs at level three. This adds more time to the run but it's the only way I've found to keep both my image placement and registration at an acceptable level.

Hope this helps

J

We usually run at levels 2 and 3 but its always the yellow hanging the callibration helped with the other colors but yellow just doesn't want to cooperate thanks for the reply J..

Color Plane Registration Adjustment

Color Plane Registration Adjustment

You need to do a "Color Plane Registration Adjustment". It's the 4th one down under "Adjustments" in tech mode. You have to be in tech mode to see it. And make sure you select the stock you are trying to use.

The ink level modes are for paper stretching. The way you can tell if the sheet is stretching is by looking to see if the yellow is OK at the gripper end and off at the tail end of the sheet. If it is off at the gripper and the tail, do the Color Plane Registration

Ryan
HP 5500

Also try a blanket shift.

Consumables>Blanket>Shift

Then choose the correct substrate weight for the paper that you're running and make adjustments from there.

Yellow is always the biggest shift for me. Just remember that side one is always the side that's printed first.

Hope this helps.

Well yesterday had yellow hanging today came in started her up on same job and look perfect press is sensitive if press starts acting up again today i'll do the color Plane Registration Adjustment. What about using the shifting separations in blanket window would that help in registration seen it in the user guide?

Thanks Ryan,

Manuel S.

Yes. Each substrate falls into a range, based on it's gsm. I've found that I usually have to make some adjustments from job to job depending on the specific stock I am using. You just need to play around with these adjustments until you get a feel for what your press is doing.

Also, try making adjustments in increments of 15 or 30.

For instance; in range number two - my Yellow is usually around -90, Magenta is -60. Cyan is at -15 and Black is set at 20. If I see that yellow is still hanging, I'll move it up to -110. On Magenta, I'll move it up to -90 Even throughout the course of a print run, adjustments need to be made. It's never just set it and forget it.

Manny!!!!!
Make sure you mic the substrate when you are adding it to the list. Also the planer adjustment will work to just make sure your substrate info is correct

Singed
"Your Former Daddy"

Have you run "First separation horizontal scaling"? It is the last thing under the Adjustments menu. It can compensate for yellow flaring/skirting on substrates that tend to expand width-wise from the ITM heat. Being that yellow goes down first, substrate that is heat-sensitive will grow on the first rev. Or you could add a null cycle before first separation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back