Glad PP is working. Terrorist took down Godaddy and all my websites and services!

[email protected]

Apparently someone attacked Godaddy's servers which caused ALL of godaddy products to become unavailable, including godaddy's main site.

Wondering if anyone else is affected.

All my websites, e-commerce site, and email is down.

I blame Godaddy to a point...as big as they are they should pay top dollar for the best people to ensure this doesn't happen and should have diversification and redundancy...apparently all of their stuff is on one server or the terrorist is good at what he/she does.

Millions or more people and businesses are affected and this is going to be expensive...I know today I've lost thousands of dollars in business...

I don't normally like to fight terrorism with anger and hate...but a person that does this kind of thing to small companies like myself is truly a terrorist and the governments of the world need to find him...even if he/she is a little kid...

...then they need to on public television chop off both of the person's hands...then a few weeks later put a bullet in their heads...

...only then will people stop doing these online acts of terrorism...

sorry, this isn't very christ-like of me but this crap is ridiculous...and although I hate godaddy...truthfully it could have happened to anybody.

I think the bigger fight is against SOPA and similar legislation. Along with the companies who support it.

Well I'm definitely against those kinds of legislation...but the attack on godaddy only hurt millions of innocent people and small business owners and was totally uncalled for.

Apparently someone attacked Godaddy's servers which caused ALL of godaddy products to become unavailable, including godaddy's main site.
Wondering if anyone else is affected.

All my websites, e-commerce site, and email is down.

I blame Godaddy to a point...as big as they are they should pay top dollar for the best people to ensure this doesn't happen and should have diversification and redundancy...apparently all of their stuff is on one server or the terrorist is good at what he/she does.

Millions or more people and businesses are affected and this is going to be expensive...I know today I've lost thousands of dollars in business...

I don't normally like to fight terrorism with anger and hate...but a person that does this kind of thing to small companies like myself is truly a terrorist and the governments of the world need to find him...even if he/she is a little kid...

...then they need to on public television chop off both of the person's hands...then a few weeks later put a bullet in their heads...

...only then will people stop doing these online acts of terrorism...

sorry, this isn't very christ-like of me but this crap is ridiculous...and although I hate godaddy...truthfully it could have happened to anybody.

Let's don't go overboard and throw out the whole Constitution because some businesses were inconvenienced. We've lost far too many rights already. And stop calling it "terrorism." Are you watching Faux News or what?

terrorism 

the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

What we have here is a simple crime. Okay? No one has to have their hands chopped off or a bullet in their head. There are plenty of politicians in office guilty of true terrorism and no one is getting their panties in a wad over their crimes.

If you like the "bullet in the head" style of government, then perhaps Saudi Arabia would be more to your liking! :mad:

GoDaddy's policies, regardless of SOPA/PIPA support, allow them to shut down websites on a whim.

They've repeatedly demonstrated this by completely shutting down entire accounts when served a DMCA complaint for one site.

Photographer Threatened With Legal Action After Asserting His Copyright - Slashdot

- is one example.

(Part of the reason she went crazy was that all of her sites, including one regarding special needs children, were suspended after GoDaddy received the DMCA complaint over one photo on one specific site.)

GoDaddy has made it clear that it takes very little to convince them to suspend a customer's entire account.

If you choose to use GoDaddy's services, that's a risk you're taking.

I do not endorse the massive Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.

Bobs quote "Security is for cadavers."

Bob Parsons - Wikiquote

WSJ is reporting that GoDaddy caused the problem. Not hackers.
GoDaddy: Service Outage Was Our Fault, Not Hacking - Digits - WSJ

Possibly we can start blaming Anonymous any time something comes off a press and a typo is discovered.

Well two things:

A.) It would look better for a hosting company to claim that they caused the problem, not hackers.

B.) A twitter post happened very soon after from a hacker claiming he caused the outage.

Not that the above two statements means that GoDaddy didn't in fact cause the outage but before jumping on that bandwagon as quickly as everyone jumped onto the hacker bandwagon we may want to take take a step back. The only proof that is being provided by either sides is he said/she said.

The real culprit

The real culprit

Same here, bad news for us

Could it be someone at GoDaddy spilled their coffee, in the server? I can see the scene in a movie now starring Andy that Conan sidekick. Where are the Typelice when you need them to blame something on. Ha.Too bad for those who hang their hats and business on one source with no back ups. What about Solar flares or power outages. How you going to handle that? Think about your exposure and how you will protect against power loss.

Just got an apology email from Go Daddy:

We owe you a big apology for the intermittent service outages we experienced on September 10 that may have impacted your website, your email and other Go Daddy services.

We let you down and we know it. We take our responsibilities – and the trust you place in us – very seriously. I cannot express how sorry I am to those of you who were inconvenienced.

The service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables. Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented a series of immediate measures to fix the problem.

At no time was any sensitive customer information, including credit card data, passwords or names and addresses, compromised.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.999% uptime in our DNS infrastructure. This is the level of performance we expect from ourselves. Monday, we fell short of these expectations. We have learned from this event and will use it to drive improvement in our services.

As a result of this disruption, your account will be credited for the value of 1-month of service for each of your active/published sites.* This credit will be available to you for the next 7 days. Please click the button below to redeem your credit.

(I added the red colour for emphasis.) Typical for them to turn this into just another Sale/Discount/Special Offer spammy email to their customers.

haha...glad people on PP aren't as uptight as some of the people on copytechnet.

Some people aren't too happy that I dared to call these cyber-crime offenders terrorists on 9/11...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back