Global Change Specific Color

Using the Global Change to change a specific color on a PDF, it is just text and I am trying to change a spot color to just black. I have used this many time but now it doesn't work. Any ideas? Oh and I am using Pitstop 12 update 3.

How do you choose the Color?

from the list of document colors or the fill of an active object?

Did you save, close and open again the PDF already after the changing?

Try mapping (use the search by building an action...), if you need fast succes.

Ulrich

Hi Bob,

Would you be willing to post the PDF here and provide the color details? I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks,
pd

It is the red text. It's cmyk value is 100M and 40K. The color is listed as laser.
Thanks

Attachments

• TEST.pdf
    573.7 KB · Views: 554
I was able to easily convert the text from LASER to Black. The barcodes didn't seem to want to change with Pitstop.

pd

Another option to consider...if you are printing these on a digital press with a Fiery controller, you can create a custom spot color in Command Workstation with the same name, and modify the output color to be 100% K.

Does anyone have a reason the the Change specific color under Global changes has stopped working?

Is it set to do the global change on the current page or the whole document? The only time I've seen this happen is if I have it set to a page range that doesn't exist in the current document.

Does anyone know if its possible to change the QR Code and barcode (which are both graphics) to black as well as the text.

You can select them with the Edit Objects tool, right click to Properties…, then in the Color tab select a grayscale option in the Convert To: dropdown menu and click on Preserve Black

You can select them with the Edit Objects tool, right click to Properties…, then in the Color tab select a grayscale option in the Convert To: dropdown menu and click on Preserve Black

How about within an 'action' or 'global change'. I would need to do something similar to 'find and change'. I needed to change a graphic from RGB Black to a particular Pantone within a 100 page document.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back