Glue flaps barcode check

Dario

Hello there,

I'm going to talk about this: https://youtu.be/r4JAYgaDNUA?t=164
It's that barcode you put on the glue flap, for misprint detection and to avoid packs mixing up.
I don't really know how to properly call it in English.

My question is: do you know something to check the barcodes unicity on a single printing sheet, before printing?
I need some computer driven automation to do the check.
Do you have some suggestions or hints?

Thanks

Last edited:
We use a barcode verifier to check the readability of UPC codes on our packaging jobs. That might be overkill for what you are looking to do. A simple solution could be an iphone app to read the barcodes and verify each lot is unique. Our code is usually the job# and a letter for each lot.

We use a barcode verifier to check the readability of UPC codes on our packaging jobs. That might be overkill for what you are looking to do. A simple solution could be an iphone app to read the barcodes and verify each lot is unique. Our code is usually the job# and a letter for each lot.

thanks, that'd be an idea - but I need some computer driven automation to do the check.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back