Glunz & Jensen Platewriter 2000 Image Problems

Jeppa_15

Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing some image issues with my iCtP machine. I've been performing the required weekly and 6-monthly maintenance on it since I've been using it. The image is inconsistent, it looks like there are lines going through it as if a nozzle is clogged. I press the Menu button for 3 seconds which does a cleaning process and was suggested to me to do when the image looks the way it does (have tried this 10-15 times plus a power clean). After a fair bit of downtime I'm stumped with what to do next. After a nozzle check it doesn't come up with the 'nozzle still clogged' prompt like usual. Is there a way to manually unclog it? It was okay before the weekend, had 3 days not being used, changed the maintenance tank, and now I have this issue.

I'm a first year Printing Machinist Apprentice so I'm pretty new to it all and have no tradesperson to quiz about it!

Thanks.

Hello All,
Which one of the ICTP machines would you recommend to plates for a newspaper?
Do they all have clogging head problems?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back